Warren Street Underground Station ModernisationView on Map
Giffen Group was appointed the Electrical Contractor for this project, following a competitive tendering process. The work, which is classified as an enhanced refurbishment, and is part of the on-going investment by London Underground in upgrading the Tube Network, incorporates all electrical and fire alarm installations at Warren Street Station.
As with all projects on the London Underground system, Giffen Group is working closely with its’ client to deliver the electrical and fire alarm installations within the contract time scales whilst ensuring the minimum amount of disruption to the general public who use the station.
The majority of the work is being carried out during engineering hours and careful planning is required to maximise the working hours available. There are a number of weekend station closures planned during the contract period and these are being utilised to carry out works (drilling etc in certain areas) that cannot be carried out at nights as Section 61 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974 is applicable to the project.
Scope of work
Electrical & fire alarm works generally including:
- Medium voltage switchgear and distribution boards
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Sub-mains cabling
- Primary & secondary cable management systems for electrical services, communications systems, fire alarms and third party cable systems.
- Lighting in public and client areas
- Small power installations.
- Fire alarm system and equipment.
- Testing, commissioning and handover.
- All associated and incidental works and services.
- Contract: Warren Street Underground Station Modernisation
- Principal contractor: Giffen Group Ltd
- Client: LUL Nominee BCV Ltd
- Contract value: £5 million
- Division: Underground