Reedham Junction and Reedham Swingbridge Signalling Power SuppliesView on Map
Balfour Beatty required the design and installation of a new 400V signalling power supply, at Reedham Junction, Norfolk, to replace the existing unreliable signalling system.
The new supply was designed to feed the signalling equipment at Reedham Junction Signal Box, and Reedham Swing Bridge Signal Box and associated location cases.
Giffen Group, being the holder of its own Contractors Assurance Case and requisite Link-up accreditations, had successfully completed a similar £1.6m project at Sheerness in Kent, direct for Network Rail.
On the strength of this recommendation, Giffen Group was approached by Balfour Beatty to carry out the Reedham works.
Scope of work:
- To provide a compliant design for the new system
- To procure all electrical equipment and materials
- To install a new principal supply point for Reedham Junction signalling and signal box domestic supplies
- To provide power to 11 No. FSPs (Functional Supply Points) within the Reedham Junction area
- To provide power to 4 No. FSPs within the Reedham Swing Bridge area
- To carry out cable terminations
- To provide all management and liaison with third parties required to complete these works
- To carryout the necessary testing and commissioning of all works associated with the electrical upgrade.
- Principal contractor: Balfour Beatty
- Engineer: Giffen Group plc
- Client: Network Rail
- Contract value: £414,000
- Division: Rail