Multiple Aspect Signalling (MAS) Generators, Pillars and Bases: D148View on Map
As part of a larger scheme, connecting MAS generators across the UK, Railtrack Great Western Zone (now Network Rail) awarded Contract D148 to Giffen Group, for the supply and installation of MAS generators, pillars and bases.
Works were carried out at the following locations: -
Ranleigh Bridge, Westbourne Park, Acton, Southall, Hayes, West Drayton, Scissors Junction, Theale, Newbury, Hungerford, Swindon, Woodborough, Chippenham, Hullavington, Bathampton, Totnes, Severn Tunnel Junction and Goring.
Scope of work:
- Design and installation of new concrete bases for remote connection pillars (manufactured by Giffen Switchgear)
- Electrical alteration works on new and existing connections to MAS generators
- Civil works, including brick work and construction of generator bases and associated CMS routes
- Relocation of existing containers to other sites
- Installation of new and relocated generators
- Removal of all redundant equipment.
- Contract: Multiple Aspect Signalling (MAS) Generators, Pillars and Bases: D148
- Principal contractor: Giffen Group plc
- Client: Railtrack, Great Western Zone
- Contract value: £1,532,000
- Division: Rail