City Thameslink Station Switchgear UpgradeView on Map
Giffen Switchgear with its vast experience of supplying specialised equipment for these type of projects successfully, was awarded the contract by its electrical contracting division, as they required a single solution to the handling of the project engineering and co-ordination of various different items of equipment into a working station.
The products provided, although not completely in an underground environment, were designed to take into consideration a similar degree of specification.
Scope of works:
Design, manufacture, supply, installation, test and commissioning of :
- 2 x U shaped LV switchboards,
- manual by-pass switches
- 4 x ACB sections
Full design co-ordination was carried out for :
- LV automatic voltage stabilizers,
- Dry type isolation transformers a
- Interconnecting feeder busway trunking between the components.
- Contract: City Thameslink Station Switchgear Upgrade
- Principal contractor: Giffen Group Ltd
- Client: Network Rail
- Type of work: Main LV Switchboards
- Contract value: £236,000
- Division: Switchgear